Western Australia Transport Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats Your Favourite Bus Route and Why?

4 posters

Go down

Whats Your Favourite Bus Route and Why? Empty Whats Your Favourite Bus Route and Why?

Post  TP1855 Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:56 am

Mine is the circle-route as it's a nice and relaxing route. Especialy if your on an Diesle O405NH.
TP1855
TP1855
Admin

Location : Adam's coach line's redcliffe from the 20th of september.

Back to top Go down

Whats Your Favourite Bus Route and Why? Empty Re: Whats Your Favourite Bus Route and Why?

Post  TP1855 Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:20 am

Another good route was the 107 then replaced by the 867. I rember riding the 107 to mandurah in an O303 coach. they had like destonation stickers on the wind screen and if i rember right the 107 was called an city link service.
TP1855
TP1855
Admin

Back to top Go down

Whats Your Favourite Bus Route and Why? Empty Re: Whats Your Favourite Bus Route and Why?

Post  STIFFINS Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:20 pm

Coincidentally, one of my favs was the 107's predecessor - the 117, or a "simultaneous root" if you prefer.
As a kid I'd see the 117 being operated by a spanker of an 0305 sitting proudly at the Sholl St terminus prior to departure and always a crowd ready to board. On Sundays an old Worlie would be parked up in front of the Tourist Bureau (what the fuck is a visitors centre?) on Pinjarra Rd awaiting her return trip to Freo later in the day.
Ah the good ole days....... Whats Your Favourite Bus Route and Why? 709980

Shtufftinz
STIFFINS
STIFFINS

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:11 pm

Isnt a bureau a fancy name for a desk? Whats Your Favourite Bus Route and Why? 5961

Back to top Go down

Post  STIFFINS Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:59 pm

Yes TAFKAG but tourist bureau sounds so much better - so real and not so criminally sterile.
STIFFINS
STIFFINS

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:43 pm

Fair enuff, criminally sterile eh, sounds frightening Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  STIFFINS Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:29 pm

30-31 via Labouchere Rd is perfecto! I think the 15 min freq M-F is warranted and the after hrs service is adequate....though I'd like to see a 20 min freq on Sat which Transperth seems loathe to.

Why? It is the best way for the residents of Salter Point (Mt Henry and Redmond st) to get to the city whilst providing the appropriate headways needed on the busiest section along Lab Rd (Thelma to Bowman) AND it's got Renaults and other green & whites all over it! Whats Your Favourite Bus Route and Why? 99237
STIFFINS
STIFFINS

Back to top Go down

Post  MorleyDepot Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:44 pm

Yeah its called Beckenham Stuff.

I hate the CircleRoute. I wouldn't mind the 381 or a 296/299 and 320/328.

MorleyDepot

MorleyDepot

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:50 am

I quite like the 381, the 458 isnt bad either, I loved the 867 in a coach!

Back to top Go down

Post  MorleyDepot Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:22 pm

adx666 wrote:I quite like the 381, the 458 isnt bad either, I loved the 867 in a coach!
Or a Denning. Some of those low level bridges looked scary sitting at the top in the front.

MorleyDepot

Back to top Go down

Post  STIFFINS Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:23 pm

MorleyDepot wrote:Yeah its called Beckenham Stuff.

I hate the CircleRoute. I wouldn't mind the 381 or a 296/299 and 320/328.

MorleyDepot

Sounds kind of derogatory??? Are you implying something about a certain suburb/depot?
Elucidate.
As for the circle route, if you're a driver your perspective would be different, wouldn't it?
I mean, I fucking hated the 106 due to all the fucks that caught it, but it IS a good service as a passenger.

Half of the weedy little drivers today wouldn't know a good route from a bad root!

THAT IS A FACT
STIFFINS
STIFFINS

Back to top Go down

Post  MorleyDepot Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Well I wouldn't like to sit on my bum riding a bus for four hours. Especially a low floor. Except 3001.lol

MorleyDepot

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:25 am

stiffins wrote:

Half of the weedy little drivers today wouldn't know a good route from a bad root!

THAT IS A FACT

Or a good root from a bad root stuffins!

Back to top Go down

Post  STIFFINS Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Put it this way, you can do 4 hours on your arse looping from sation to station if you work for Poof....I mean Path or you can do highways (106 2x return trips or more), or up and down Albany hwy or Wanneroo Rd or whatever, OR you can do one single trip without repetition. Besides sitting on my arse on report waiting for some scraps and bored out of my brain I know what I'd pick plain and simple - even more so with these fucked out private companies.

MorleyDepot?? You sound too Malagaish so I'd hazard a guess you wouldn't even know where the original depot was.

Razz
STIFFINS
STIFFINS

Back to top Go down

Post  MorleyDepot Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:18 pm

Indeed stiffmod.

I call it MorleyDepot no matter if its located in Malaga! Laughing

MorleyDepot

Back to top Go down

Post  TP1855 Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:32 pm

Route number 381 is one of path transits best routes. Though its an shame wangara do most of the 381's. Though those 1100 and 1200 low floors would feel like there at home.
TP1855
TP1855
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hij Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:40 am

I wouldn't say these are my favourites but I like them for various reasons such as I believe they have resulted from sound planning or that they offer increased options.

888 - Alexander Drive to Mirrabooka. This has finally made it easy for those living north and west of Mirrabooka to be able to directly get to ECU (likewise shoppers from the south to access Mirrabooka directly).
19 - The new extension to Dog Swamp
400 - A good strong city service

Hij
Hij

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down